I have started this blog today because today Enys who grows the dye plants, both in my garden and in hers, dug up the madder. We think that the madder is about five years old, or perhaps six we are not quite sure , so it is about time to we saw what this wonderful plant has produced. Now I have a garden tub about half full of thick orange roots all of which need washing. Then I plan to split them , to dry some in a very cool fan oven, to try steaming some although I am not sure how, and finally to use some straight away.
I was going to put a picture in but blogger just won't do it. Not a good start.
Interesting things over the past few weeks
-
This is the chair I currently have at my loom. Unfortunately my loom is
near picture windows, and gets sun on nice days. The cats have decided
it's m...
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment