I got this book and some of the persimmon powder today from Chris Conrad who has been researching into this traditional Japanese dye for a few years. I have been corresponding with Chris for a couple of weeks after a discussion came up on the Natural Dyes Online on dyeing with persimmon . The persimmon is fermented so this dye fits into the research I am doing into fermented dyes but as someone who paints on paper with dyes Iam also interested in this as it is used to coat paper too. I have only skimmed the book as yet but it is a highly professionl production that I am really looking forward to reading. I love books like this. More later.
Interesting things over the past few weeks
-
This is the chair I currently have at my loom. Unfortunately my loom is
near picture windows, and gets sun on nice days. The cats have decided
it's m...
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment