Friday 31 October 2008

A lovely book and I am in it!


Look what popped through my letter box two days ago! This is Textiles Now by Drusilla Cole published by Laurence King http://www.laurenceking.co.uk/ ISBN 978-185669-572-5. It is book of glorious photos of Textile Art. Some of the artists in it are ones that I know like fellow blogger and batik artist Robin Paris and Isabella Whitworth, who paints the most fabulous scarves, as well as some of my favourite artists such as Alice Kettle whose stunning and huge embroidered textiles I have admired for a very long time. ( I have one of her preliminary sketches for the Odyssey). And lots and lots of fabulous work by artist new to me that now I shall look out for . The colours and the textures are fabulous and the quality of the book is outstanding I think. And I am in it too.! I am so proud to be in such a fantastic collection of work. It really made my day, as it is the first time I have ever appeared in a collection of work. Dru contacted me shortly after my father died in January 2007 which gave me a boost at the time. She had seen my name on Natural Dyes Online and then had gone to have look at my photos on my website. It shows how good it is to have an Internet presence. The two picture she chose were Sea and Sand and the Rough Sea both sold, the Rough Sea recently. Below is the Rough Sea and another Sea and Sand also sold, part of the same series as you can see from the name but not actually the one in Dru's books as I can't it find that on on my computer -odd. Oh well.




Here is the picture of the wall at the local gallery with my current pictures on it. Not a brilliant photo I am afraid as I had real problems with the reflection in the glass.







Oh! I forgot to say yesterday was my blogaversary! My blog is now one year and one day old.

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations Helen.
    Your work is so wonderful, I really admire it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :) I am feeling really happy to day or was till my printer started to go wrong-sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, what an honor, congratulations! And happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Helen. Congratulations on being in the book (I'm meant to be in it too but I haven't seen a copy yet). Are you pleased with the how the book looks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations
    I love your work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen and Emma welcome to my blog. Thanks for popping in and for your congratulations. Helen the book is lovely and the pictures are very good the colours rich and deep. I haven't found you yet but I still have not managed to look at all of it -there is a lot to take in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear the book is out at last. I'm waiting for a copy too - in great anticipation now I've seen your lovely pieces are in it. They're fantastic Helen. Hope to be able to see some in real life one day I'm up your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's nice to see oneself (or the work at least!) in print, I think:)) I got the guild calender on saturday - and saw your pic on that cover too:))
    and congrats for the blogiversary - I enjoy reading it immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation - what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being in the book. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congratulations and may I say so very much deserved too ; your work is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! ( blushing a bit) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Helen. I came here from india's blog. I see you were tagged as well.

    It is great to see another artist who loves felt landscapes. Your work is wonderful. I would like to drop by again if that is OK.

    Have not recieved the book yet, it is on order. Look forward to seeing your work in it.

    xt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi T I have been really intrigued with this tagging because it has increased the linking between blogs, and I found some lovely blogs already this way. Thanks for dropping in and for the compliments and I hope you do drop in again :) Now I am off to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey,

    Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at growingcolour.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


    Cheers,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete